Kerala Council for Historical Research (KCHR) offers the following financial assistance schemes. All applications must only be done in the online mode. Links to the application forms are provided below. No hard copy or email applications will be entertained.
1. Financial Assistance for conducting/hosting Academic Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops/ Panel discussions/ Academic Panels as part of Conferences/ Public lectures
This assistance can be availed by academic institutions, e.g. colleges, universities and Higher Secondary Schools under State and Central Governments/UGC/All India Regulatory Boards for conducting academic programs on themes related to Kerala Studies, including History, Humanities and Social Sciences. Those seeking such assistance must send in an application at least three months in advance of the event. Self financing colleges and unaided schools are not eligible to apply.
2. Funding for organizations which are not educational institutions for conducting academic programmes
The financial assistance is for organizations which are not educational institutions, registered in Kerala, who wish to conduct academic programmes related to Kerala Studies. The upper limit of the grant is Rs. 50,000/-, which will be given only if the intention of the organization is made evident and is approved by the KCHR.
3. Travel Assistance to Scholars for Attending Conferences/ Consultation of Libraries/ archives/ museums and other data repositories as part of their research and for fieldwork
The financial assistance is for scholars working in social sciences and humanities, who wish
(i) to attend conferences, seminars or any other academic event.
(ii) ) to consult Libraries/Archives/Museums and other data repositories and for fieldwork as part of their research.
Thrust area will be Kerala Studies, including History, Humanities and Social Sciences. Assistance can be availed for gaining library memberships and access to repositories including archives.
4. Fund to enhance Library collection on books and materials in History and related fields (50 libraries)
An amount not more than Rs. 25,000/- will be given to a maximum of 50 public/village libraries to supplement their collection of History/Social Science books, and archival material including digital sources in social sciences.
5. Fund to enhance Collection on books and materials in History and related fields in Government Schools under the state government of Kerala (25 libraries)
An amount not more than Rs. 15,000/- will be given to a maximum of twenty five government school libraries (LP/UP/ HS) under the state government of Kerala to supplement their collection of History/Social Science books,and archival material including digital sources in social sciences.
Queries may be directed to email@example.com